Watermelons are known to be one of the most refreshing and beneficial fruits of the world, enriched with Vitamins C&A and many essential nutrients. It is a delicious summer treat for us humans, but what about Hamsters? Like any other living organism, Hamsters require all sorts of diets to stay lively.
Can Hamsters Eat Watermelon?
Yes, Hamsters can eat Watermelons. But this doesn’t mean they can survive off of just watermelon. They require a normal diet, but they could have watermelon equivalent to 1 Tablespoon once every week. All sorts of breeds of Hamsters are legible to eat watermelon.
Is Watermelon necessary for Hamsters?
- Hamsters don’t just need Watermelon, however it is a healthy snack they could be fed. Just the right amount of Watermelon is perfect for your pet Hamster.
- The following are benefits of Watermelon:
- Enriched with Vitamin C.
- Good balance of Vitamins A&K.
- They improve immunity and help digestion.
- They provide enough nutrients for healthy blood clotting.
- They have low calories.
Here are some possible downsides, that just like hamster chocolate, can also effect after eating watermelon.
- Although it is very safe to feed Watermelon to Hamster, they may:
- Cause diabetes.
- Cause diarrhea / dehydration.
- May cause Obesity.
But all of these downsides can be easily avoided by feeding your Hamster just the right amount: 1 Tablespoon, once a week.
What parts of Watermelon are feedable?
Watermelon, and its rinds. Never feed the seeds.
Can all Hamsters eat Watermelon?
Yes, it is suitable for all kinds of Hamsters.
Are raw Watermelons OK for Hamsters?
Yes, all sorts.
How much Watermelon is just right?
Around 1 Tablespoon to 2 Tablespoons, no more.
How often can Watermelons be fed to Hamsters?
In moderation, no more than ONCE a week.
Therefore we reach the conclusion about Can Hamsters Eat Watermelon? is that yes, watermelon is a great, beneficial snack for your pet Hamster. Always make sure to check if the Hamster likes it or not. And remember that “moderation is key”.